Buying a property is a very exciting and fun process, however, it is important to keep your focus and ask all the right questions and check all the necessary things that make up your perfect property.
- Is the property within close proximity to: main roads/schools/supermarkets/restaurants/public transport etc?
- Are there any flight paths close to the property?
- Are there any underground or train paths running underneath or besides the property?
- What is the current crime rate within the area?
- Are you within close proximity of Emergency Services?
- Are there any exposed cracks running down the face or sides of the property?
- Are the windows double glazed?
- Is there a sufficient drainage system?
- Is the entrance to the property secure? Is there a fitted security alarm?
- Does the property require any refurbishments?
- Is the property a listed building or in a conservation area which may restrict property development?
- Are the rooms large enough for all your intentions?
- Does the property have a fully working central heating system?
- Does the property have a loft/attic space?
- Are there any signs of subsidence?
- Is there a damp problem?
- Does the property get adequate natural light?
- Has the property been well maintained?
- Could you visualise yourself living in the property?